The BrandingStrategyInsider posted 10 trends for 2010 – which I would like to understand as trends not only for 2010, but for the brand's future.
For a given time we will see those 'trends' develop into mainstream, becoming mega trends, becoming reality for everybody and every brand.
01) Value is the new black
02) Brands increasingly are a surrogate for "value"
03) Brand differentiation is Brand Value
04) "Because I Said So" is so over
05) Consumer expectations are growing
06) Old tricks don't work/won't work anymore
07) They won't need to know you to love you
08) It's not just buzz
09) They're talking to each other before talking to the brand
10) Engagement is not a fad; It's the way today's consumers do business
For those ahead of the market, these obviously aren't trends anymore,
but the only way a brand will succeed today and in the future!
Of course this disrupts the average agency, marketing and brand management, but this is the new world.
Almost everybody will have to rethink and change the game.